- The dynamic is that professionals pull together coherently when challenged and rarely support whistleblowers or complaints. you do act as one. As a prof your job can only be to recognise and name that collusive dynamic. Only way forward.
- you need to think about that not fair feeling and examine your defensiveness.
- I don’t use the concept good/bad. It is limiting in spaces around human distress.
- It’s not why we trained a valid criticism of MH practice followed by ‘It’s not why we trained + some reasons why said practice happened. This is the language and practice of institutionalised power and oppression. I don’t buy it, it’s mental health wash.
- 9 Mental health the phrase that doesn; even begin to make sense
- Diffusion of responsibility is a tricky thing. You can’t let anyone off the hook. If you wold refuse to put someone on a ward where it wasn’t safe, I take it all back.